Sunday, April 13, 2014

First fishing video!

After scoring a GoPro Hero 3+ Silver off Kijiji this past week, I was able to get a video together of my first paddle of 2014!  My good friend John Cail and I went out on the tidal section of the Hammond River in search of a rare pickerel and then later striper/sturgeon, knowing our chances were slim, but what the heck, we wanted to get a paddle in!

This, being my first trial with the GoPro, is naturally a rougher video than what I hope to be able to present as the year goes on.   One lesson I learned, was not to be too liberal with the recordings.  I had turned on the camera as I left shore, and didn't turn it off till it ran out of batteries!    That was a mistake!    I have a few spare batteries ordered now, but I'll know to be a little more careful as to when I leave the camera running!

Anyhow, here is my first video... if you watch till the end, you'll see that I actually did catch..... 'something'!

Edit:  The first video was made with copyrighted music, which I know now is frowned upon by YouTube, so I had to remake it using free soundtracks.   There's another lesson learned!