Tuesday, July 12, 2016

40th B-day Road Trip! Part 1 of many

This Saturday I will turn the big 4-0 and to celebrate I'm going to be hitting the road bright and early for an epic 15 day road trip!   I'll get to to explore several parks, lakes, rivers and ponds in my Jeep and Old Town Predator 13 kayak over the course of this adventure!   I'm pretty sure Anna wasn't planning to throw me any surprise b-day party, but if such an event was in the works, I hope everyone has a great time without me!  

So far I've managed to clean out the Jeep from my last fishing excursion, and I'm in the process of sorting out all the gear I may need to bring in the garage.   Between the camping supplies, foods, clothes, coolers, fishing gear...etc, plus the kayak up on top of the Jeep, I should have a pretty full load!

Having talked with a few very helpful people whom I contacted online, I've come up with the following itinerary.

July 16th:   Hit the road - get a room for the night in Trois Rivieres.

July 17th:  Stock up at the grocery store and drive to Mount Tremblant Park.  Here I'll start my fishing for Pike, Muskie, Trout, Bass....etc for few days.    A huge thank you to local guide Martin Savard for some friendly advice!

July 20th:  Head out to Madawaska, ON where I'll stay and fish the region around All Star Resort. I may stop at a lake or pond to fish a few hours along the way. 
                    
July 23rd:  Off to spend a few nights at Finlayson Point campground where I'll fish the Temagami region for a few days.

July 25th:   Head back South to Peterborough where I'll stay with Conrad, a friend who came here to NB in the Spring to go sturgeon fishing.   Conrad is a Carp fishing guide so I'm hoping for a few great carp on this leg of the journey!

July 28th:    Off to Fitzroy Park on the Ottawa river where we will target Muskie and Gar, among other things.   I really hope to catch a gar!!!


July 30th:   Leave for Montreal where I'll stay with some friends from University I haven't seen in years!

July 31st:  Drive back home.

Even without the fishing, this promises to be an amazing trip through some beautiful country that I have never had a chance to explore before.    I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment