Thursday, December 5, 2013

Unexpected December Fish!

Well the weather was beautiful today for December with temps a little above freezing, and no wind.  So between the weather and the fact that high slack tide was scheduled for about 5 PM, I decided to give it another go.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get on the water till about 5:45, which was about an hour after high slack tide, and 45 min after dark, so I both missed the prime fishing time, and I had to once again try to figure out my favorite spots in the dark which is never easy.


The current was very strong, the water high, and after the thaw from last week's snow there was a lot of debris and plants floating by, which all made for rough sturgeon fishing conditions.  Nevertheless, I gave it my best shot and ended up with 1 Tommy Cod and 1 34 inch sturgeon.








So I can now say that I have caught sturgeon, in December, in kayak after dark!   Better than staying home and putting kids to bed!   I'll have enough of that this weekend when Anna is out of town and I'm home alone with the boys and the dog and cat!    

Firepit tomorrow night with the boys?   Hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment