Friday, July 10, 2015

Heading to ICAST!

www.icastfishing.org

Tomorrow morning I head out to fly down to Orlando for 8 day to participate in ICAST, the worlds biggest fishing show!   It is a week long event bringing in all of the biggest and best names in the fishing industry.   New products are revealed, many of the celebrities in the sport are on hand, and hundreds upon hundreds of booths are set up by all of the various vendors.

My role will be as one of the Pro-Staff working at the Johnson Outdoors booth displaying and promoting Old Town and Ocean Kayak boats as well as Carlisle paddles and Extrasport PFDs.   I'm still somewhat in disbelief that I've been invited to work with such a fantastic team representing the best brands in the industry!

Last Years Amazing Crew at ICast

Not only will the show itself be one of the most anticipated events in my recent memory (coming a close forth to the birth of my two boys, and the annual day of the NHL calendar when the Leafs are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs .... typically sometime in December), but I'll also get a few days this weekend and next to fish various waters in Florida with other Pro-Staffers!  

On Sunday, arrangements have been made for a group of us to receive a special pass to bring kayaks onto the NASA site and fish around the space shuttle lanuching area!   This is a very exclusive and restricted area so I'm very excited for this!   Back in 2001, my last time in Orlando, I had the chance to get an insider tour of the JFK Space Center and remember seeing a very big gator on the side of the road on the drive there.   Not sure what I'd do if I seen something like that in a kayak, cast a line to it or paddle away!  lol

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/johnson-outdoors

Monday is apparently setup day at the convention center where I'll be helping to put together the booth, set up the kayaks and such for display and so forth.  Then Tuesday we are off to nearby Lake Toho for a day of one the water demonstrations and activities.   Wednesday through Friday is back at the Convention Center to work the trade show booth.    Of course my birthday is right in the middle of it all on Thursday, so I expect something fun to be in the works that night!

During the week you can watch along with what we are up to at the show via a live streaming webcast!  

Finally next weekend, both Saturday and Sunday there will be several of the biggest names in kayak fishing gathered to fish, take pictures and videos, bbq, and so forth.   I'll be hoping to land my first of many species including tarpon, red, snook, black drum, and largemouth bass just to name a few.   

Finally I fly back first thing Monday morning.   With a 6 AM flight I'll likely sleep at the airport, hoping to get a reasonable rest before driving back home from Bangor later that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment