Friday, January 24, 2014

Sponsor Update: Sea Specs have arrived!

Today I received a package from Sea Specs with my new sunglasses.   These sunglasses are specifically aimed not just at those with an active lifestyle, but rather at those who carry out their sports activies on the water!

Like any decent pair of sunglasses they are polarized and provide %100 UVA and UVB protection for you eyes.  But what sets these apart from a lot of more expensive brands, are a couple of key features I really like.

For kayak anglers like myself, these glasses will be great!  Not only will they help me look good (and yes, I need all the help I can get in that department!), but they have a lot of features that a kayak angler will immeadiately appreciate!

  • Built in adjustable strap keeps them sung and comfortable.   You can wear these sunglasses running, on a bass boat motoring down the river, or paddling down Reversing Falls, and they will not budge!   While wearing the glasses, just move the adjuster (not sure what else to call it) to one side to tighten the strap, or the other way to losen it!    So they are easy to put on, tighten, losen and take off.
  • They float!   Anything, and I mean anything you bring out with you in kayak that floats is something you appreciate after you lose that first item into the water
  • One size fits all.    With the shape and design of these sunglasses, and with the adjustability of the strap, my wife Anna who typically wears a much narrower pair of glasses than I could wear these sunglasses.   They would look as good on her (ok, probably better!) and she would find them just as comfortable as I.
For the price point  ($50 a pair, buy 2 get 1 free) these glasses are certianly a bargain!   I can't wait for the ice to melt so I can take them out on the water and look good bringing up some trophy fish!